Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Mali Sojourn

You may or may not know, but I traveled to Mali via Gambia and Senegal last month. It was a rather stellar trip that took my cohorts and I down the long road to Bamako and beyond to the red rock cliff villages of the Bandiagara Escarpment in the heart of Dogon country. Brenden, a fellow PCV in my distant Upper River Region of the Gambia, wrote a description of our adventure on his own blog a little hungry that is worth a read. The guy is not a bad writer, I'll say that. I shall provide some photographic accompaniment.

Click on Mali Journal.

This region of Mali was especially beautiful because of the manner in which the people lived with the rocky hills. For anyone who enjoys a solid hike, a visit to this area of the world will blow you away.

No comments: