Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Heart-Breaking News Photography


I know, its been awhile since the last post, but I must share that I've been working diligently on my political science tutorial (the equivalent of a senior thesis). It's coming along and I hope to finish in the next of couple of days, but it has drastically limited my freetime. I do however, now, have a minute to spare. With this brief interlude between essay paragraphs about Pan-Africanism, I would like to show the Pulitzer Prize winner this year for the best photograph concerning breaking news. It certainly is quite exemplary. The photo, taken by Oded Balilty, depicts a lone Jewish woman battling Israeli security forces who are attempting to remove her from her settlement in the west bank. Everything about the photography is exceptional. It is well composed, almost cinematically so and it is quite emotionally charged. Please take the time to truly experience the power of this photo.

For a full list of winners including the Feature Photography award for the best series of images go to www.pulitzer.org

No comments: